Salopek & Associates’ Code of Ethics
Salopek & Associates’ team members are committed to conducting themselves in the highest standard of ethical behavior. With our Partnership Team and Associates holding memberships with the Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD), the Human Resource Institution of Alberta (HRIA) and the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA), we are committed to the ethical codes of each of these associations. Specifically, Salopek & Associates commits to the following:
- To conduct itself in a manner that enhances the practice of good governance of private, public, not-for-profit and other organizations in Canada.
- To maintain competence in board governance, strategic planning and human resource management.
- To provide services in an honest and diligent manner.
- To ensure that activities engaged in are within the limits of Salopek & Associates’ knowledge, experience and skill.
- To adhere to any statutory acts, regulations or by-laws which relate to board governance and human resources management, as well as all civil and criminal laws, regulations, and statutes that apply in Salopek & Associates’ jurisdiction.
- To not knowingly or otherwise engage in or condone any activity or attempt to circumvent the clear intention of the law.
- To support, promote and apply the principles of human rights, equity, dignity and respect in the workplace within the profession and in society as a whole.
- To hold in strict confidence all confidential information acquired in the course of the performance of contracts and not divulge confidential information unless required by law and/or where serious harm is imminent.
- To either avoid or disclose a potential conflict of interest that might influence or might be perceived to influence personal actions or judgments.