Who you are:
- Executive Director of an Association that currently does not have a Human Resource Manager or the Human Resource Manager is completely overwhelmed with the amount of work coming at them.
- You can’t compete with the rest of the business community and it just seems that when you get someone trained they go work for someone else for more money.
- Your Association is a revolving door with respect to staff turn-over and the employees who do stay with you are experiencing “burn-out”.
Your challenges may include:
- Creation of policies and procedures – an employee handbook
- Performance management
- Establishing a salary administration program that is competitive and fair
- Establishing programs that will allow your organization to attract, retain and reward the right people
- Obtaining employee engagement and coaching for managers
- Lack of turnover analysis and strategies
- Assessment/audit of employee processes, programs and policies
How we can help:
- We can quickly do an audit of your people programs and processes to help you focus on changes that need to be made.
- We can ensure that you are legislatively compliant and identify where the “gaps” might be.
- We can put in place simple processes with respect to hiring, maintaining performance, training and development.
- Together we will develop a plan to build your human resource capacity at a pace and within a budget that fits your Association.
Advantages of working with us:
- Effective change management. We help change happen quickly and successfully
- Ensure compliance with employment and privacy legislation
- Quickly put some processes and templates in place that will create efficiency and consistency in your people programs
- Fill your resource gaps
- Access to a full team of Human Resource Specialists by calling one number or emailing one contact
- Help is available remotely over the phone or in your office – you decide
With regard to performance management, I am so pleased with the work that has been completed to date and the progress that we have made as an Agency. The very best part has been the growth of our staff and the new learning that has come their way with respect to good Human Resource practices and new thinking about Human Resource and Performance Management. The fact that the staff are engaged and committed to becoming better Coordinators, Managers and Senior Managers and entering into ‘good conversations’ with their employees throughout the year is a bonus! Thank you for all your hard work and your great ability to drive to outcomes. I hope we get to work with you in the future.
Janet Salopek of Salopek & Associates was very professional and respectful of our agency and the staff with whom she was working. She brought structure to our process thinking; she shared her knowledge well and would seek consultation herself when challenging issues were brought forth. Janet was very efficient, a great communicator and so personable. We learned from each other.